Before you go on your first date to meet someone you met online, there are a few things you should know. If this is you, check out these online dating tips for the first date:
– Don’t wait too long. You may hit if off and get caught up in great conversations online, but the University of Florida finds that you shouldn’t wait any longer than 17- 23 days to meet in person. The longer you wait, the more idealized image you will start getting of each other.
– Choose the right venue. One survey conducted by an online dating site showed that members chose an Italian restaurant as their first date place. This can be quite romantic, but it doesn’t have to be Italian. Just go somewhere where you can talk and get to know the other person.
– Wear the right outfit. As much as you want to pick your most stunning piece, choose something that you’re comfortable in. You want to stay relaxed so you can be your best self.
– Know the Do’s and Don’ts of a conversation. For example, You can ask about their career – but don’t ask about their salary. You can talk about your past relationships, but not too much about your exes. Be open and honest, but don’t spill your guts.
– Avoid the Awkward “Who’s Gonna Pay?” scenario. If you’re a guy, it’s pretty simple. One study made of 17,000 people found that the majority of men would rather pay for the date, and that women actually prefer the man to pay. Women usually only offer so it doesn’t appear that way. So men – just pay up! Women…let them!
Remember, just be yourself, and it’s ok to be nervous. It will get easier and be worth it!
If you found these online dating tips for a first date helpful, you should follow us!